Here is what everyone should and shouldn’t do today, in light of the video that TMZ released from the inside of the elevator where Ray Rice punched and knocked out his wife, Janay:
- Don’t ask for more facts. We know enough about what happened. A woman was abused. That’s all you need to know.
- Don’t assume you know what Janay should have done in that situation.
- Don’t pretend to know what Janay should do today.
- Don’t forget that an estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year.
- Don’t fail to realize that the vast majority of those women don’t have TMZ leaking videotapes that provide clear-cut evidence of their abuse.
- Don’t watch Monday Night Football tonight. I know it probably doesn’t matter in the long run, but…
- Do take a stand against domestic violence.
Hunting for bobby pins under the rug. As one does.
Seeing a blog that you used to read and INSTANTLY remembering why you unfollowed.
I was just told by a coworker that I look really tired. I got 8 hours of sleep last night.
Really can’t wait for my 32nd birthday next week, you guys.
The end of August. The Starry Virgin ascends.
The zodiac is simply one of many klatches among the cosmos, and its chatter does not offer particularly accurate prescription, description, or prognostication. (Excellent gossip, though—suffice it to say if Cassiopeia seems to have drifted a bit toward Andromeda, it may not be a mere trick of the atmosphere.)
And yet some of the folklore that has accrued to the signs speaks deeply. For example. The metal affiliated with Virgo is mercury. ”Witch the Third,” speakest thou, “isn’t it a bit of a stretch to call Queen ‘metal’?” And unto thee I reply: No, ew, read a book.
In any case, those of us who in this life first squalled to the sky in late summer do find particular freedom coursing through the clouds or along that witchiest of interstates, Route 10, on the sun-searing, soul-speeding chants of early 70s Mercury.
Happy Birthday, Virgo Sistren. Hail and Praise. To you this day I give:
Mercury Reflecting Light.
This is literally the first time in my life that I have cared about my astrological sign. Thank you, Charmcore.
This is what Robin Wright wore to the Emmy Awards. Now, as we all know, I love Claire Underwood, and this is definitely a jumpsuit fit for a sociopath. HOWEVER, I would be remiss if I did not note the following:
Why yes, I think I’ll have some of whatever virgin blood Gwen Stefani has been drinking for the last 20 or so years, thanks so much for asking
If this isn’t the cutest stuff on the planet…
Already watched this approx. 78 times and showing no signs of slowing down
Yesterday, I read a blog post about how to monetize your social media presence by utilizing Instagram to improve your readership and profitability.
Here is a photo I posted on Instagram a few weeks ago of Milo giving me side eye right before he licked his own asshole:
I accept cash, money orders, and all major credit cards.
The Dude just used the word “mansplaining” correctly in a sentence. I don’t know if I’ve ever loved him more.
Pretty solid morning, you guys, pretty solid